RideFauquier/Fauquier Equestrian Forum
Code of Conduct
The following Code of Conduct has been formulated to insure that no member will abuse the privilege of riding or hiking across private or public property. When you join RideFauquier you agree to follow all our codes of conduct which include:
1. THE RIGHTS OF THE PROPERTY OWNERS, ACROSS WHOSE LAND WE ARE PERMITTED TO RIDE/HIKE, MUST BE RESPECTED AT ALL TIMES.
Remember that you are a guest on the land. When you meet landowners, be courteous and let them know how much you appreciate the pleasure they are providing you. One irresponsible person can cause the closing of a trail.
2. DISPLAY YOUR I.D. WHEN ON THE FACILITIES.
You must display your parking permit on your vehicle dashboard and wear your RideFauquier I.D. passes in a visible location at all times when on the property.
3. RIDE ON DESIGNATED TRAILS ONLY.
Riders must not wander from marked trails and must stay close to the edge of farmers' fields. Do not use any other landowner's schooling facilities, jumps, rings, training tracks, playing fields, etc. You MUST respect TRAIL CLOSED signs.
4. FACILITIES ARE OPEN FROM SUNRISE TO SUNSET ONLY TO HORSEBACK RIDERS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF RIDEFAUQUIER AND WHO HAVE CURRENT PASSES AND PARKING PERMITS.
Check emails and Facebook for trail and arena closures before going to the facilites.
5. PLEASE REPORT ANY DAMAGE OR REPAIRS NEEDED TO THE FACILITY MANAGER.
6. BE THOUGHTFUL OF LANDOWNER'S PRIVACY.
Wave as you pass houses whether or not you can see anyone and when you see someone working on the land. Dress appropriately and keep voices down. Walk your horse down any driveway or trail that passes close to a house, or by any pasture where you may disturb livestock.
7. ALWAYS APPROACH OTHER RIDERS ON THE TRAIL AT A WALK AND, IF DIRECTED, PASS AT A WALK.
8. NO LOOSE HORSES IN RING.
9. No lunging in the ring when others are riding there.
10. RIDING HELMETS ARE REQUIRED on County/RideFauquier managed property.
11. CURRENT NEGATIVE COGGINS REQUIRED.
A copy of a current negative Coggins test taken within one year must be carried with any horse on the property.
12. NO SMOKING ON THE FACILITIES.
13. NO RIDING IS ALLOWED ON THE FACILITIES WHEN THEY ARE VERY WET AND MUDDY.
If you leave marks more than an inch deep on the trails, you must turn around and go a different way. If you would not ride across your own front lawn, it is too wet to use the trails.
14. LEAVE YOUR DOGS AT HOME.
15. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IN THE PARKING AREA, ARENA OR ON THE TRAILS.
16. NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES, EXCEPT THOSE NEEDED FOR MAINTENANCE, ARE ALLOWED ON THE TRAILS OR IN THE ARENA
17. KEEP THE PARKING AREA CLEAN.
You must haul out all manure and hay from the parking lot as well as all trash.
I have read, understand and agree to abide by the above Code of Conduct.
Signature: _______________________________ Date: ________________