RideFauquier/Fauquier Equestrian Forum
Code of Conduct
The following Code of Conduct has been formulated to insure that no member will abuse the privilege of riding or hiking across private or public property. When you join RideFauquier you agree to follow all our codes of conduct which include:
1. THE RIGHTS OF THE PROPERTY MANAGERS AND OWNERS, ACROSS WHOSE LAND WE ARE PERMITTED TO RIDE/HIKE, MUST BE RESPECTED AT ALL TIMES.
Remember that you are a guest on the land. When you meet landowners or managers, be courteous and let them know how much you appreciate the pleasure they are providing you. One irresponsible person can cause the closing of a trail.
2. FACILITIES ARE OPEN FROM SUNRISE TO SUNSET TO HORSEBACK RIDERS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF RIDEFAUQUIER AND WHO HAVE CURRENT PASSES AND PARKING PERMITS.
Check emails and Facebook for trail and arena closures before going to the facilities.
3. DISPLAY YOUR ID WHEN ON THE FACILITIES.
You must display your parking permit on your vehicle dashboard and wear your RideFauquier ID passes in a visible location at all times when on the property.
4. RIDE ON DESIGNATED TRAILS ONLY.
Riders must not wander from marked trails and must respect TRAIL CLOSED signs.
5. RIDING IS PROHIBITED ON THE TRAILS WHEN THEY ARE VERY WET AND MUDDY.
If you leave marks more than an inch deep on the trails, you must turn around and go a different way. If you would not ride across your own front lawn, it is too wet to use the trails.
6. PLEASE REPORT ANY DAMAGE OR REPAIRS NEEDED TO THE RIDEFAUQUIER PRESIDENT.
7. ALWAYS APROACH OTHER RIDERS ON THE TRAIL AT A WALK AND, IF DIRECTED, PASS AT A WALK.
8. NO LOOSE HORSES IN THE RING.
9. No lunging in the ring when others are riding there.
10. DO NOT REMOVE JUMPS AND OBSTACLES FROM THE ARENA OR THE PROPERTY.
Jumps should be set up at least 15 feet from the fence.
11. RIDING HELMETS ARE REQUIRED on County/RideFauquier managed property and at all RideFauquier mounted activities.
12. CURRENT NEGATIVE COGGINS REQUIRED.
A copy of a current negative Coggins test taken within one year must be carried with any horse on the property and at RideFauquier activities.
13. NO SMOKING OR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IN THE PARKING AREA, ARENA OR ON THE TRAILS.
14. LEAVE YOUR DOGS AT HOME
15. MOTORIZED VEHICLES, EXCEPT THOSE NEEDED FOR MAINTENANCE, ARE PROHIBITED ON THE TRAILS OR IN THE ARENA.
16. KEEP THE PARKING AREA AND ARENA CLEAN.
You must haul out all manure and hay from the parking lot as well as all trash. Manure should be removed from the arena.
I have read, understand and agree to abide by the above Code of Conduct.
Signature: _______________________________ Date: ________________